Train Ticket Cancel through 139 using Interactive voice response (IVR) : Step by Step
(i). Customer will call on 139 and select Option ‘6’ from IVR main menu.
(ii). IVR will ask whether it is Counter Ticket or E- Ticket. Press 1 for Counter Ticket or Press 2 for E-Ticket.
(iii). In case customer selects E-Ticket option, IVR will play a message “Currently ticket booked through Railway Reservation Counter only can be cancelled through 139. Press 8 to go back to main menu”
1. Once customer selects Counter Ticket option, call will be transferred to agent for cancellation.
2. Agent will ask the following information from customer to process the cancellation.
a. PNR Number
b. Train Number
3. Agent will retrieve ticket information from the server and confirm it with the customer.
4. After ticket details confirmation, agent will click on “Generate OTP” button to generate the OTP. System will validate the calling number of customer with the number mentioned in ticket details from the system.
5. If mobile number validation fails, agent will advise the customer to call from the same number mentioned at the time of booking the ticket. If number is successfully validated, OTP will be delivered on passenger’s mobile number which he would convey to agent.
6. Agent will enter OTP on CRM and will click “Submit” button to process the cancellation. Ticket will be cancelled and refundable amount will be display on agent screen. Agent will communicate the same refundable amount to customer.
7. Customer has to collect the permissible refundable amount across the PRS counter within the prescribed time limit.