Indian Railway Replacement of the words Blind, Deaf and Dumb-IRCTC NEW RULES
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS
(Commercial Circular No. 04 of 2018)
New Delhi, dated 12.01.2018
The Principal Chief Commercial Manager,
All Zonal Railways.
CRIS, ChanaKyapuri, New Delhi.
CMD, IRCTC, New Delhi
Sub: Replacement of the words Blind, Deaf and Dumb
As per IRCA Coaching Tariff No. 26 Part-I (Vol.ll) concession is admissible to completely blind persons, Deaf and Dumb persons (both afflictions together in the same person).
2. Ministry of Railways have now decided to replace the following words which are appearing in Rule No.101, SI.No. 9 (1) (2) (3), 28, and Appendix 1/45 of IRCA Coaching Tariff No. 26, Part-I, Vol.ll with new one to describe the nature of disability However, the other rules and regulations applicable for the ‘Persons with Disabilities’ shall remain the same.
be replaced by
|1||Blind||Person with Visual Impairment with total absence of sight|
|2||Deaf and Dumb||Person with Hearing and Speech Impairment totally (Both afflictions together in the same person)|
|3||Physically Challenged||Persons with Disabilities (Divyangjan)|
The revised proforma for the certificate is enclosed herewith. The certificate already issued in the old proforma shall remain valid till the expiry of the validity period,
3.This will be implemented with effect from 01.02.2018.
4.Other terms and conditions shall remain the same.
5.CRIS, IRCTC & Zonal Railways may update the revised proforma on their website.
6.Zonal Railways may print the revised proforma and make available at all locations/ stations to avoid inconvenience. Necessary instructions shall be issued to the all concerned.
Director Passenger Marketing
Click Here to Download the Original Order
Use of appropriate terms for ‘person with disability’ and ‘Divyangjan’ in the communication / signage / announcement / Booking Portal of Indian Railways
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS
No.2022 / E(LL) / RPwD / 1
New Delhi, dated: 18.05.2022
The General Managers, All Indian Railways and Production Units.
Metro Railway / Kolkata, CORE / Prayagraj
The CAO (Construction), All Indian Railways.
The Director General, RDSO / Lucknow
The DG / Railway Staff College / Vadodara
The Directors, IRICEN, IRIEEN, IRISET, IRIMEE, IRITM
The CAO, COFMOW, Tilak Bridge, New Delhi
The CAO, MTP, Chennai and Mumbai
The Chief Administrative Officer, Rail Coach Factory, Delhi.
Sub: Use of appropriate terms for ‘person with disability’ and ‘Divyangjan’ in the communication / signage / announcement / Booking Portal of Indian Railways.
Please find enclosed herewith letter from Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment’s letter No.P-13013 / 26 / 2022-DD-3 dated 25.04.2022 regarding use of the term “person with disability’ in English and ‘Divyangjan’ in Hindi in the Indian Railways Portal and communication / signage / announcements while addressing Persons with Disabilities.
2. All Zonal Railways / PUs / CPSEs etc. are requested to ensure compliance with these instructions.
DA: As above.
Director / Estt.(L.L.)
F.No. P-13013 / 26 / 2022-DD-3
Government of India
Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment
Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities (Divyangjan)
Pt. Deendayal Antyodaya Bhawan,
CGO Complex, New Delhi- 110003
Dated the 25th April, 2022
Sub:- Matter of Urgent Public Importance raised during Zero Hour of Lok Sabha on 16.03.2022 by Dr. DNV Senthilkumar. S, Hon’ble M. P. – reg.
The undersigned is directed to say that India is a signatory to the United had Nations Convention on Rights of Persons with Disabilities. The Central Government enacted the Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016 in line with this Convention. The term “persons with disabilities” has been used in the english text of the Act, whereas, in the Hindi text of the Act, the term “Divyangjan” has been used.
2. It has been brought to the notice of this Ministry by Dr. DNV Senthilkumar. S, Hon’ble M.P. through a matter of urgent public importance in Lok Sabha on 16.03.2022 that in the IRCTC booking portal, under the dropdown list, the term ‘Divyang’ is mentioned instead of the word ‘physically challenged’. He urged Ministry of Railways to make necessary corrections in the portal.
3. In view of above M/o Railways is requested to use the term “person with disability”. in English and “Divyangjan” in Hindi in their Portal and communications / signage / announcements while addressing Persons with Disabilities. Appropriate instructions may also be issued to IRCTC accordingly to make necessary changes in their portal.
4. This issues with the approval of Competent Authority.
Under Secretary to the Govt. of India