Provision of discount to customers of suburban sections on booking of season tickets when payment is made through digital means
Suburban Train Ticket Fare Discount
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS
Commercial Circular No. 01 of 2021
No.TC 11 / 2910 / 2021 / Discounted fare / digital payment (3340406)
New Delhi, dt 22.01.2021
The Principal Chief Commercial Managers,
All Zonal Railways
SUB: Provision of discount of 0.5% to customers of suburban sections on booking of season tickets when payment is made through digital means.
REF: 1. Commercial Circular no. 16 of 2017 dated 07.02.2017.
2. Commercial Circular no. 29 of 2017 dated 24.04.2017.
3. Commercial Circular no. 47 of 2017 dated 30.06.2017.
4. Commercial Circular no. 65 of 2017 dated 29.09.2017.
5. Commercial Circular no. 19 of 2018 dated 28.03.2018.
6. Commercial Circular no. 48 of 2018 dated 06.09.2018.
7. Commercial Circular no. 20 of 2019 dated 08.04.2019.
8. Commercial Circular no. 42 of 2019 dated 30.08.2019.
9. Commercial Circular no. 11 of 2020 dated 03.03.2020.
Vide Railway Board’s Commercial Circulars under reference above, 0.5% discount was given on total applicable fare on Season Tickets (Monthly, Quarterly, Half Yearly and Yearly) over suburban section when the payment is made through digital means
1. e through debit cards, credit cards, etc. These instructions are applicable up to 31.03.2021.
2. The matter has been reviewed and Ministry of Railways have now decided that the status quo may be maintained further for a period of another one year i.e. up to. 31.03.2022 or any change whichever is earlier.
3. CRIS and IRCTC shall ensure necessary changes in the software and arrangements for the above.
4. The receipt of this letter may be acknowledged.
5. This issues with concurrence of Finance Directorate of Ministry of Railways.
Director Passenger Marketing