Indian Railway National Holidays 2023 | Railway Calendar 2023 PDF
Holidays to be observed in Indian Railways during the year 2023
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS
No. 2020/ E (LR) III /LR / HL 1 / 1
Rail Bhawan, New Delhi – 110 001
Dated : 20.06.2022
The General Managers,
All Indian Railways.
(As per standard list)
Sub: Holidays to be observed in Central Government Offices during the year 2023.
A copy of Department of Personnel and Training’s O.M. No.12/5/2022-JCA dated 16.06.2022, with a list of holidays to be observed in Central Government Offices during the year 2023, is enclosed for information and necessary action.
D.A.: As above
Director, Estt (IR)
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions
(Department of Personnel and Training)
Establishment (JCA) Section
North Block, New Delhi
Dated the 16 June, 2022
Subject: Holidays to be observed in Central Government Offices during the year 2023- reg.
It has been decided that the holidays, as specified in the Annexure-I to this O.M., will be observed in all the Administrative Offices of the Central Government located at Delhi/New Delhi during the year 2023. In addition, each employee will also be allowed to avail himself/herself of any two holidays to be chosen by him/her out of the list of Restricted Holidays specified at Annexure – II.
2. Central Government Administrative Offices located outside Delhi / New Delhi shall observe the following holidays compulsorily in addition to three holidays, to be chosen out of the 12 optional holidays indicated below at para 3.1:
1. REPUBLIC DAY
2. INDEPENDENCE DAY
3. MAHATMA GANDHI’S BIRTHDAY
4. BUDDHA PURNIMA
5. CHRISTMAS DAY
6. DUSSEHRA (VIJAY DASHMI)
7. DJWALI (DEEPAVALI)
8. GOOD FRIDAY
9. GURU NANAK’S BIRTHDAY
10. IDU’L FITR
11. IDU’L ZUHA
12. MAHAVIR JAY ANTI
14. PROPHET MOHAMMAD’S BIRTHDAY (ID-E-MILAD)
3.1. For offices located in New Delhi/Delhi, three holidays are selected by the D/o Personnel & Training and for the offices located outside Delhi/New Delhi three holidays are to be chosen by the Central Government Employees Welfare Coordination Committee in the State Capitals, if necessary, in consultation with Coordination Committees at other places in the State, from the list indicated below. The final list, applicable uniformly to all Central Government offices within the concerned State, shall be notified accordingly and no change can be carried out thereafter. It is also clarified that no change is permissible in the festivals and dates, as indicated at Annexure -I and Annexure-11 baring a few exceptions indicated at para 5.1 and 5.2 hereinafter. The 12 optional holidays are as follows:
1. AN ADDITIONAL DAY FOR DUSSEHRA
3. JANAMASHTAMI (VAISHNAVI)
4. RAM NAVAMI
5. MAHA SHIVRATRI
6. GANESH CHATURTHI / VINA YAK CHATURTHI
7. MAKAR SANKARANTI
8. RATH YATRA
11. SRI PANCHAMI / BASANT PANCHAMI
12. VISHU/ VAISAKHI / VAISAKHADI / BHAG BIHU / MASHADI UGADI / CHAITRA SUKLADI / CHETI CHAND / GUDI PADAVA /1ST NAVRATRA / NAORAZ/CHHATH PQOJA/KARVA CHAUTH.
3.2 No substitute holiday should be allowed if any of the festival holidays, initially declared, subsequently happens to fall on a weekly off or any other non-working day or in the event of more than one festival falling on the same day.
4. The list of Restricted Holidays appended as annexure-II to this O.M. is meant for Central Government Offices located in Delhi / New Delhi. The Coordination Committees at the State Capitals may draw up separate list of Restricted Holidays keeping in view the occasions of local importance. However, the 9 occasions left over, after choosing the 3 variable holidays in para 3.1 above, are also to be included in the list of restricted holidays.
5.1 For offices in Delhi / New Delhi, any change in the date of holidays in respect of Idul-Fitr, Idul-Zuha, Muharram and Id-e-Milad, if necessary, depending upon sighting of the Moon, would be declared by the Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions, after ascertaining the position from the Govt, of NCT of Delhi (DCP, Special Branch, Delhi Police).
5.2 For offices outside Delhi / New Delhi, the Central Government Employees Welfare Coordination Committees at the State Capitals are authorised to change the date of holiday, if necessary, based on the decision of the concerned State Governments / Union Territories, in respect of IdulFitr, IdulZuha, Muharram and Id-e-Milad.
5.3 It may happen that the change of date in respect of the above occasions has to be declared at a very short notice. In such a situation, announcement could be made through P.I.B/T.V./A.I.R./ Newspapers and the Heads of Department / Offices of the Central Government may take action according to such an announcement, without waiting for a formal order, about the change of date.
6. During 2023, Diwali (Deepavali) falls on Sunday, November 12, 2023 (Kartika 21). In certain States, the practice is to celebrate the occasion a day in advance, i.e., on “Naraka Chaturdasi Day”. In view of this, there is no objection if holiday on account of Deepavali is observed on “Naraka Chaturdasi Day (in place of Deepavali Day) in the Central Government Offices in a State if in that State that day alone is declared as a compulsory holiday for Diwali for the offices of the State Government.
7. Central Government Organisations which include industrial, commercial and trading establishments would observe upto 16 holidays in a year including three national holidays viz. Republic Day, Independence Day and Mahatma Gandhi’s birthday, as compulsory holidays. The remaining holidays / occasions may be determined by such establishments/organisations themselves for the year 2023, subject to para 3.2 above.
8. Union Territory Administrations shall decide the list of holidays in terms of Instructions issued in this regard by the Ministry of Home Affairs.
9. In respect of Indian Missions abroad, the number of holidays may be notified in accordance with the instructions contained in this Departments O.M. No. 12/5/2002-JCA dated 17th December, 2002. In other words, they will have the option to select 14 (Fourteen) holidays of their own only after including in the list, three National Holidays and Id-ul-Fitr, Muharram and Diwali included in the list of compulsory holidays and falling on days of weekly off.
10. In respect of Banks, the holidays shall be regulated in terms of the extant instructions issued by the Department of Financial Services, Ministry of Finance.
11. Hindi version will follow.
Deputy Secretary to the Govt, of India
CG Gazetted Holidays in 2023
LIST OF HOLIDAYS FOR THE YEAR 2023 TO BE OBSERVED IN THE ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICES OF CENTRAL GOVERNMENT LOCATED AT DELHI / NEW DELHI
|1.||Republic Day||January 26, 2023||Magha||06||Thursday|
|2.||Holi||March 08, 2023||Phalguna||17||Wednesday|
|3.||Ram Navami||March 30, 2023||Chaitra||09||Thursday|
|4.||Mahavir Jayanti||April 04, 2023||Chaitra||14||Tuesday|
|5.||Good Friday||April 07, 2023||Chaitra||17||Friday|
|6.||Id-ul-Fitr||April 22, 2023||Vaisakha||02||Saturday|
|7.||Budha Purnima||May 05, 2023||Vaisakha||15||Friday|
|8.||Id-ul-Zuha (Bakrid)||June 29, 2023||Ashadha||08||Thursday|
|9.||Muharram||July 29, 2023||Sarvana||07||Saturday|
|10.||Independence Day||August 15, 2023||Sarvana||24||Tuesday|
|11.||Janmashtami (Vaishnva)||September 07, 2023||Bhadra||16||Thursday|
|12.||Milad-un-Nabi or Id-e-Milad (Birthday of Prophet Mohammad)||September 28, 2023||Asvina||06||Thursday|
|13.||Mahatma Gandhi’s Birthday||October 02, 2023||Asvina||10||Monday|
|14.||Dussehra||October 24, 2023||Kartika||02||Tuesday|
|15.||Diwali (Deepavali)||November 12, 2023||Kartika||21||Sunday|
|16.||Guru Nanak’s Birthday||November 27, 2023||Agarhayana||06||Monday|
|17.||Christmas Day||December 25, 2023||Pausha||04||Monday|
CG Restricted Holidays in 2023
LIST OF RESTRICTED HOLIDAYS FOR THE YEAR 2023 IN RESPECT OF ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICES OF CENTRAL GOVERNMENT LOCATED AT DELHI / NEW DELHI
|1||New Year’s Day||January 01, 2023||Pausha||11||Sunday|
|2||Makar Sankranti / Magha Bihu||January 14, 2023||Pausha||24||Saturday|
|3||Pongal||January 15, 2023||Pausha||25||Sunday|
|4||Basant Panchami / Sri Panchami||January 26, 2023||Magha||06||Saturday|
|5||Hazarat Ali’s Birthday, Guru Ravi Das’s Birthday||February 05, 2023||Magha||16||Sunday|
|6,||Birthday of Swami Dayananda Saraswati||February 15, 2023||Magha||26||Wednesday|
|7||Maha Shivratri||February 18, 2023||Magha||29||Saturday|
|8||Shiva ji Jayanti||February 19, 2023||Magha||30||Sunday|
|9||Holika dahan, dolyatra||March 07, 2023||Phaiguna||16||Tuesday|
|10||Chaitra Sukladi / Gudi Padava / Ugadi / Cheti Chand||March 22, 2023||Chaitra||01||Wednesday|
|11||Easter Sunday||April 09, 2023||Chaitra||19||Sunday|
|12||Vaisakhi / Vishu / Meshadi||April 14, 2023||Chaitra||24||Friday|
|13||Vaisakhadi (Bengal) / Bahag Bihu (Assam)||April 15, 2023||Chaitra||25||Saturday|
|14||Jamat-Ul-Vida||April 21, 2023||Vaisakha||01||Friday|
|15||Birthday of Guru Rabindranath Tagore||May 09, 2023||Vaisakha||19||Tuesday|
|16||Rath Yatra||June 20, 2023||Jyaishtha||30||Tuesday|
|17||Farsi New Year’s day / Nauraj||August 16, 2023||Sravana||25||Wednesday|
|18||Vinayaka Chaturthi||August 20, 2023||Sravana||29||Sunday|
|19||Onam or Thiru Onam Day||August 29, 2023||Bhadra||07||Tuesday|
|20||Raksha Bandhan||August 30, 2023||Bhadra||08||Wednesday|
|21||Janmashtami (Smarta)||September 06, 2023||Bhadra||15||Wednesday|
|22||Ganesh Chaturthi||September 19, 2023||Bhadra||28||Tuesday|
|23||Dussehra (Saptami)||October 21, 2023||Asvina||29||Saturday|
|24||Dussehra (Mahashtami)||October 22, 2023||Asvina||30||Sunday|
|25||Dussehra (Mahanavmi)||October 23, 2023||Kartika||01||Monday|
|26||Maharishi Valmiki’s Birthday||October 28, 2023||Kartika||06||Saturday|
|27||Karaka Chaturthi (Karwa Chouth)||November 01, 2023||Kartika||10||Wednesday|
|28||Naraka Chaturdasi||November 12, 2023||Kartika||21||Sunday|
|29||Govardhan Puja||November 13, 2023||Kartika||22||Monday|
|30||Bhai Duj||November 15, 2023||Kartika||24||Wednesday|
|31||Pratihar Shashthi or Surya Shashthi (Chhat Puja)||November 19, 2023||Kartika||28||Sunday|
|32||Guru Teg Bahadur’s Martyrdom Day||November 24, 2023||Agrahayana||03||Friday|
|33||Christmas Eve||December 24, 2023||Pausha||03||Sunday|
Railway Holidays 2023 PDF : https://indianrailways.gov.in/