Payment of Productivity Linked Bonus to All Eligible Non-Gazetted Railway Employees for the Financial Year 2021-22
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS
RBE No.120/ 2022
No. E (P&A)I / 2022 / PLB-1
New Delhi, dt. 01.10.2022
The General Managers / CAOs,
All Indian Railways & Production Units etc.
Subject: Payment of Productivity Linked Bonus to all eligible non-gazetted Railway employees for the financial year 2021-22.
The President is pleased to sanction Productivity Linked Bonus (PLB) equivalent to 78 (Seventy Eight) days wages without any ceiling on wages for eligibility for the financial year 2021-22 to all eligible non-gazetted Railway employees (excluding all RPF / RPSF personnel). Where, wages exceed RS.7000/- per month, Productivity Linked Bonus will be calculated as if the ‘wages’ are RS.7000/- p.m.
2. ‘Wages’ for the purpose of calculating Productivity Linked Bonus shall include ‘Basic pay’ as defined in the Railway Services (Revised Pay) Rules, 2016 and Dearness Allowance drawn during the financial year 2021-22, Other conditions of eligibility, method of calculation of wages, etc., as prescribed in this Ministry’s instructions and clarifications issued from time to time, shall remain unchanged.
3. It has also been decided that in the case of eligible employees mentioned in Para 1 above who were not placed under suspension, or had not quit service / retired / expired during the financial year 2021-22 or were on leave where leave salary admissible is not less than that admissible on leave on average pay, may be paid an amount of RS.17,951/- towards Productivity Linked Bonus for the financial year 2021-22. In the case of employees other than those mentioned above, the amount of Productivity Linked Bonus may be calculated in accordance with the extant instructions on the subject.
4. Further, in relaxation to the provisions in Rules 905 (2), 908 and 909 of State Railway Provident Fund Rules, as contained in Chapter 9 of R-I / 1985 edition (2003 Reprint edition), such of the subscribers to the SRPF as are entitled to Productivity Linked Bonus may, if they so desire, deposit the whole or part of the amount admissible under the Scheme in their respective State Railway Provident Fund Accounts.
5. Disbursement of Productivity Linked Bonus for the financial year 2021-22 to all eligible non-gazetted Railway employees mentioned in Para 1 above should be made in the same mode as payment of salary on priority basis.
6. This issues with the concurrence of Finance Directorate of the Ministry of Railways.
Joint Director, Estt.(P&A)
SOURCE: RAILWAY BONUS 2022 ORDER PDF
Productivity Linked Bonus for Railway Employees Equivalent to 78 days wages to eligible Non-gazetted Railway employees
- Payment before Dussehra / Puja Festival season
- 11.27 lakh non-gazetted Railway employees likely to benefit
- Incentive to Improve Productivity and Efficiency of Railways
Hon’ble Prime Minister Shri NarendraModi has given approval to pay Productivity Linked Bonus (PLB) equivalent to 78 days wages to eligible non-gazetted railway employees (excluding RPF / RPSF personnel) for the financial year 2021-22. About 11.27 lakh non-gazetted Railway employees are likely to benefit from the decision. This payment will be made before Dussehra / Puja holidays, bringing smile to lakhs of families ahead of the festive season.
The Railway employees have played important role in performance of Passenger & Goods services which also acted as catalyst for the economy. In fact, Railway employees ensured uninterrupted movement of essential commodities like food, fertilizer, coal and other items even during the lockdown period. Railways has ensured there is no shortage of such commodities in the area of operations.
Railways in past 3 years have undertaken series of steps to regain market share in freight and increase realization in passenger fares through suitable policy initiatives. As a result, in the current year (2022-23), Railways have regained the momentum in receipts, disrupted previously due to the pandemic. In F.Y. 2021-22 Railways achieved incremental freight loading of 184 million tonnes which is highest ever (Total 1418 million tonnes). The payment of PLB would serve as an incentive and result in motivating a large number of Railway employees, particularly those involved in execution and operations of railways, to improve their productivity and ensure safety, speed and service for Railway customers. The payment of PLB will also boost the demand ineconomy in upcoming festival season.
The financial implication of payment of 78 days’ PLB to railway employees has been estimated to be Rs. 1832.09 crores. The wage calculation ceiling prescribed for payment of PLB is Rs. 7,000 / – p.m. The maximum amount payable per eligible railway employee is Rs. 17,951 for 78 days.