Amrit Bharat Express trains will serve as superfast express services for intercity travel. The train set is a ‘Make in India’ innovation of Indian Railways.The following are the noteworthy features of the new Amrit Bharat Trains:
The advantages of the Amrit Bharat Express trains
- Utilization of two WAP-5 Locomotives at the front and rear ends (push-pull configuration) to ensure efficient acceleration and to eliminate the need of switching the locomotive at stations, thereby reducing the travel time.
- The Amrit Bharat Express consist of 22 Non-AC coaches with the configuration 02 Second class luggage Rake (SLRD), 08 General seating coach (GS) and 12 Sleeper class coach (SCN). These coaches have a sealed gangway to provide safe transition between coaches and to reduce noise and vibrations.
- Innovative exterior colour scheme
- Jerk free Semi Permanent Coupler
- Aerodynamically designed WAP5 Locomotives.
- MU Control couplers on end walls for push pull operation.
- Jerk free semi permanent coupler.
- Sealed vestibule gangway.
- ACP Panelling with extrusions with anti vibration measures.
- Improved and aesthetically pleasing lighting
- CCTV in luggage Room with monitor in Guard Room
- Ramp for disabled person
- Upgraded Coach Interior
- Foldable snack table
- Mobile Charger with suitable holder
- Foldable bottle holder
- Aesthetically pleasing and ergonomically designed Seat & berth
- Improved Luggage rack
- Radium Illumination Flooring strip
- FDB shifted to one side and placed behind openable mirror frame
- Standalone Passenger Announcement & Public Information System
- PA system operated by Guard
- CCTV surveillance for safe travel
- 22 Coach rake formation
- Speed potential: 130 Kmph
- Seating Capacity: 1834 passengers.
- The air-conditioned driver’s cabins at both ends prioritize the crew’s comfort and safety.
- Detail in toilet design reflects a dedication to continuous improvement, with a system that minimizes water wastage, contributing to the conservation of our precious natural resources.
- Ergonomically designed seats and the implementation of the Kavach system not only enhance the crew’s experience but also elevate safety standards.
- Fully cushioned upper tiers in General Coaches exemplify the commitment to a pleasant travel experience.
Foot Operated Tap:
Tap at wash basins in the toilets are foot operated for convenience of the passengers vis-à-vis minimum wastage of water.
Electro-pneumatic pressurize flush system:
Electric push button has been provided for instant water flushing. Glowing green light of electric push button indicated readiness of system for flushing. This system saves water. Maximum water consumption is 1.5 Ltr/flush.
Features of Amrit Bharat Trains
- Amrit Bharat trains, equipped with semi-coupler technology, offer a smooth, jerk-free journey while running at a maximum speed of 130 Km.
- The innovative push-pull approach will offer a unique blend of speed, efficiency, comfort and affordability to passengers.
- Better acceleration and deceleration help save time at bridges, curves and other points where trains have to run with a restricted speed.
- The other significant features are horizontal sliding windows, dust-sealed wider gangways, aerosol-based fire suppression system in toilets and electrical cubicles, emergency disaster management light and floor guide fluorescent strips, etc.
- The coaches have a sealed gangway to provide safe transition between coaches and to reduce noise and vibrations.
The Amrit Bharat Express trains will have a composition of 22 Non-AC coaches with the configuration 02 Second class luggage Rake (SLRD), 08 General seating coach (GS) and 12 Sleeper class coach (SCN). The trains have been planned to operate as a day-night express service, catering to the demand of travel between Large cities and small towns.
The Push-Pull Locomotives (WAP-5) are being manufactured at Chittaranjan Locomotive Works (CLW) Chittaranjan, one of the largest locomotive manufacturing units in India, and the coaches are being produced by Integral Coach Factory (ICF), Chennai, the World’s largest Railway Passenger Rolling Stock manufacturer. The collaborative effort of the Production units of Indian Railways will ensure that both the driving engine and the passenger compartment are crafted with precision and provide efficient service.