Chennai Local Electric Train Service starting from 05th October 2020
Chennai suburban train starting from 05.10.2020
ESSENTIAL SERVICES STAFF AUTHORISED BY STATE GOVT CAN TRAVEL ON WORKMEN SPECIAL TRAINS ON CHENNAI SUBURBAN
In response to the request of the Govt. of Tamil Nadu, it is decided to permit ESSENTIAL SERVICES STAFF AUTHORISED BY THE STATE GOVERNMENT to travel in the limited no. of Suburban Trains run as Workmen Specials by Chennai Division of Southern Railway with effect from 05.10.2020. Details of train services will be displayed at the stations.
Also Check : Chennai Local Train Time Table
Govt. of Tamil Nadu nominated a State Govt. Official as the Nodal Officer for this purpose to authorise and issue specific travel permission to essential services staff to travel in Workmen special trains run in Chennai Suburban Sections. The specific travel permission shall have details such as Name, Designation, department /Office etc. This travel permission in original will be accepted by the Railways only when presented along with the photo ID Card of the person issued by his/her office.
There will be two levels of checks of passengers at stations. First check will be done by the personnel of Govt. Railway Police / Railway Protection Force at the entry of Railway Station and the second check at the entry to the platforms by the Railway ticket checking staff.
Sanitization of Rakes at appropriate frequency will be done by Railways and passengers are requested to pay attention to the regular announcements made at Stations regarding the train services and observe the Covid-19 precautions such as wearing of face mask, social distancing, etc., while travelling on trains and also at stations.
Tickets will be issued only to essential services staff authorised by the nodal officer of Govt. of Tamil Nadu. Both single journey and season tickets will be issued at the booking counters available at all sub-urban stations through UTS (Unreserved Ticketing System). The essential services staff should carry the specific travel permission issued by the nodal officer in original as well as their photo ID card while entering the station and also travelling.
Wherever there is more than one booking counter, one counter will be earmarked for Season Tickets. And wherever there is only one counter, only single journey tickets will be issued during peak hours and season tickets will be issued after peak hours.
In case if the persons authorised to travel have season tickets, their validity will be extended to the extent of days lost during the suspension of suburban services.
- Tickets will be issued ONLY to ESSENTIAL SERVICES STAFF AUTHORISED BY THE NODAL OFFICER OF THE STATE GOVT. No tickets will be issued to General Public.
- Thermal Screening will be done for all the passengers. Passengers will be permitted only if their temperature is within limits after Thermal screening at the entry.
- Railway Protection Force and Govt. Railway Police as well as State Police will be deployed at the entrance of various stations and passengers will have to show their ID card and specific travel permission issued by the nodal officer for entry.
- To prevent overcrowding of passengers at stations and on trains, appropriate restrictions will be imposed as deemed necessary.
- All passengers shall wear a face mask at all times and shall observe all safety protocols.