IRCTC cup of tea and coffee can be served in kulhar or kulhad | Serving of Sugar Free Tea and Coffee in Trains
A pledge to be administered to cut use of plastics on 2nd October, 2019
Plastic Free Railway
Soon, your favorite cup of tea and coffee can be served at all major railway stations in eco-friendly ‘kulhar or kulhad’
Benefit of Tea and Coffee in kulhar or kulhad
- It is known to give tea and coffee an earthy essence, taste and aroma
- It is biodegradable, so it can be thrown or broken, and not as hazardous as plastic. When you dispose of them, they quickly mix with the soil.
- Using kulhar or kulhad is very cost effective because it is cheaper than glass or plastic
- Tea offered in Styrofoam cups can be harmful to your health. Polystyrene, also known as cancer, is the substance used to make those cups. This enters the fluid poured into them, causing worries for your health.
- Clay quilts are alkaline, which means that using them will help reduce the acidity of your body.
- kulhar or kulhad cannot be reused, so you don’t have to worry about germs or bacteria lengthening.
- They are inherently healthy considering that they are made by firing the kiln
Ministry of Railways has issued a circular stating the following instructions are to be enforced: w.e.f. 02.10.2019
- Ban single use plastic material
- All railway vendors should avoid using plastic carry bags
- Employees must reduce, reuse and refuse plastic products and use cheap reusable bags to reduce plastic footprint
- The IRCTC is also responsible for returning plastic bottles of water as part of the expanded manufacturer’s responsibility.
- Plastic bottle crushing machines must be provided quickly.
Strict enforcement of these instructions is to be from 02.10.2019, to give enough time to all concerned to prepare for “Plastic Free Railway”
IRCTC Provide Sugar Free Tea and Coffee
Serving of Sugar Free Tea and Coffee in Trains
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS
QUESTION NO 4612
ANSWERED ON 06.04.2018
Serving of sugar free tea and coffee in trains
4612 Shri Joy Abraham
Will the Minister of RAILWAYS be pleased to state :-
(a) whether it is a fact that the Minister of Railways had given an assurance in the House during the discussion on Railways Appropriation Bill, 2015 that sugar-free tea and coffee would be served in all passenger coaches of Railways to facilitate diabetic patients;
(b) if so, the steps Railways have taken to implement the above-said assurance till date; and
(c) whether Government will take urgent steps to supply sugar-free coffee and tea in all passenger coaches of the railways, irrespective of any category of trains such as Rajdhani, Shatabdi, Express, Mail, ordinary, etc.?
MINISTER OF STATE IN THE MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS (SHRI RAJEN GOHAIN)
(a) to (c): Yes, Sir. Instructions already exist with Zonal Railways to provide proper food to diabetic passengers on demand. Guidelines have already been issued to Zonal Railways and Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation Limited (IRCTC) to provide sugar free sachet of reputed brand in all trains as an alternative of sugar for rail passengers suffering from diabetes.